Sunday, July 24, 2011

Glory

I wish I
could go to
Delphi, slide my
head past the front
door’s column to
see if the place
was still

in service, but
instead of priestesses
I would find
publicists discussing
the books he’s
sold and

his next paid
appearance, legal
tender replacing
libation, heaped in
silver bowls, “Ah

a true fan” Apollo
would say when
my jeans and
v-neck made their
way through the

tunnel of Blackberries.
“Would you
like a signed
t-shirt or a
photo?” but
then he would
pause,

take the look
from my
eyes and hold
it in his
hand, “Best
go to Calliope

if that’s
what you want.”
A hephastean
bodyguard would
place his
hand on my
shoulder,

gliding me
to a quiet
room. The lady
would be middle-
aged, frames

on the walls with
Homer and
Virgil’s handwriting,
and though
many could step
to her unknown,

she would
know me. “I
am as helpful
to you as a
fortune cookie, my
dear. Do not

live my life, your
existence is
the opposite of
mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment